- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
About Norton’s malware notification for YUNMAI
Norton has a strict malware detection process that has caused companies' mobile application programs to be detected as malware. Users of apps from Twitter and Outlook have experienced similar notifications likely because of the photo-upload capability of their programs.
Yunmai uses a secure cloud server in the western US to save users' data. As an international healthcare company, Yunmai has millions of users around the world whose information goes through this data center. Yunmai does not access this private data, but securely store it for our users. To access our privacy terms, click here.
Thank you for your continued support as we work to resolve this issue.