Cheat meal substitutes that are just as delicious
Holidays are coming, and so are all of the delicious and tempting desserts and meals. Pumpkin pie, stuffing, and more. It's tempting to hop off the fitness wagon altogether for a few more slices of pie.
With that in mind, we collected some healthy substitutes to your favorite cheat meals.
1. Pumpkin Pie
Photo property of Amy's Healthy Baking.
Pumpkin pie is a holiday staple. Come winter time it seems like every occasion calls for pumpkin pie. But there are healthier ways to reproduce the seasonal dessert. See some of the options we've found below.
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe from PaleoHacks
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie from Bakerita
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie from Inspired Housewife
- The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Pie by Amy's Healthy Baking
Photo property of Food Faith Fitness.
You don't have to hold the stuffing this year. Enjoy the Thanksgiving side a healthier way - either with quinoa or cauliflower.
- Quinoa Sage Stuffing by Tasty Yummies
- Easy Gluten Free Stuffing by Food Faith Fitness
- Cauliflower Rice Stuffing by The Healthy Maven
- Cauliflower Stuffing by Delish
3. Chocolate chip cookies
Photo property of Texanerin Baking.
No matter the time of year, chocolate chip cookies on display or nearby can make your mouth water. Still delicious and yummy, try one of these healthy recipes. With or without flour, with or without butter and refined sugar, these options are delicious.
- Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Chelsea's Messy Apron
- Soft-Baked Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kitchen Treaty
- Skinny Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Food Charlatan
- Perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies by Texanerin Baking
Photo property of Running With Spoons.
When it comes to slow mornings during the holidays, pancakes are a family favorite. With syrup and sugar, the confections taste delicious. However, by subbing some ingredients or developing a new version of pancakes, you can enjoy a lighter breakfast favorite.
- Healthy Banana Pancakes by Cooktoria
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes by Natasha's Kitchen
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes by Sally's Baking Addiction
- Blueberry Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes by Running with Spoons
Photo property of Pinch of Yum.
Once you're tired of the traditional meals and turn to pizza, stay on your fitness track by substituting your crust. There are a variety of different flours and vegetables to make a suitable pizza crust with. Try some below!
- The Best Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe by Gimme Delicious Food
- Ultimate Quinoa Pizza Crust by Simply Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crust by Pinch of Yum
- Paleo Pizza Crust by Wholesome Yum
Photo property of Well Plated.
Italian or more exotic options needed? We've got you covered with a selection of different recipes and types of noodles for a brighter holiday season.
- Sub pasta for Butternut Squash Noodles by Savory Lotus
- Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles by Just a Taste
- Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce by Pinch of Yum
- Crock Pot Low Carb Lasagna by Well Plated
Photo property of Diethood.
The holidays are a parade of delicious desserts you just want to say, "Yes!" to. Instead of tempting yourself with outrageous cheesecakes and pies, bring one of these to dinner. Skip the guilt, and be able to have a little extra.
- Greek Yogurt Banana Bread by Running with Spoons
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts by Texanerin Baking
- Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark with Berries by Diethood
- Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins by Texanerin Baking
Photo property of Chelsea's Messy Apron.
The snack dessert that keeps on giving. Brownies are delicious, chocolately, and easy to create a healthier version. From black beans, to zucchini, to gluten-free, there are plenty of brownie options that will make you say, "Yum."
- The Best Healthier Brownies by Chelsea' Messy Apron
- No Flour Black Bean Brownies by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Skinny Double Fudge Brownies (No Beans) by Chelsea's Messy Apron
- Flourless Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies by Running with Spoons
Photo property of Budget Bytes.
Don't miss out on the social aspect of grilling and eating burgers with friends! Especially on the weekend, grill up some burgers with friends and enjoy the outdoors. However, instead pf beef, try out these different types for a change.
- Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers by The Kitchen Whisperer
- Chicken Avocado Burger by Laughing Spatula
- Greek Turkey Burgers by Budget Bytes
- Healthy Asian Salmon Burgers by Food Done Light
For more healthy burgers, look here.
10. Sweet potato casserole
Photo property of Jessica in the Kitchen.
If you're anything like me, you love sweet potato casserole. Day, night, holidays or not, sweet potato casserole is delicious. Here are a few different recipes to give you the taste you love with healthier substitutions.
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole by Joy Food Sunshine
- Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecan Topping by Jessica in the Kitchen
- Honey Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole by Tried and Tasty
- Vanilla Bean Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole with Crunchy Pecan Oat Topping by Well Plated
11. French Fries
Photo property of Sweet as Honey.
French fries and burgers go together, so when the time comes you can enjoy a more health-friendly option. Enjoy them without frying, or even changing potatoes for carrots or rutabaga.
- Healthy Carrot Fries with Curry Dipping Sauce by Eat the Gains
- Over Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Fitful Focus
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks by Jo Cooks
- Low Carb French Fries by Sweet as Honey
For more options, check out this list.
Recipes were selected by their popularity on Pinterest and through amount of positive comments on the original blog post.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published